As a complimentary adjunct to treatments, functional fascia taping is a practice that works to reduce pain while also allowing muscles to heal even during continued activity. By specifically placing tape along strategic fascia lines which is a layer of tissue beneath the skin, it changes the work load of the fascia. The fascia is an important component to movement and pain management as each muscle, organ, and joint in the body has fascia tissue attached to it. By changing the work load of the fascia, it changes the pain level much like switching feet when standing. Cupping therapy, chiropractic treatment and Active Release Techniques work to treat the issue but how to maintain the treatment once the patient has left the office is where the use of professionally applied Functional Fascia Taping is the most important.
Benefits from taping can include:
- Patients achieve early engagement in pain-free ranges of motion and strengthening.
- Patient is able to perform his/her activities of daily living with less pain or fear of re-injury.
- Patient is able to resume athletic, work related, and house related activities sooner.
Some of the many injuries that benefit from taping include:
- Cervical and lumbar disc injuries
- Postural disorders
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder laxity and separations
- Golfer’s and Tennis elbow
- Wrist laxity and injuries
- Nerve entrapment’s
- Sacroiliac joint injuries